display active client connections for Squid
displays information about currently
active client connections for a Squid proxy in a convenient way.
tries to connect to a
Squid proxy listening at 127.0.0.1 using port 3128.
- Display a brief help text.
- Squid proxy host. Defaults to 127.0.0.1.
- Squid proxy port. Defaults to 3128.
- Squid proxy cachemgr_passwd.
- Comma-separated list of client IP addresses (CIDR notation is supported)
to query the Squid proxy for. Hostnames are silently ignored.
- Comma-separated list of Squid usernames to list active connections
- Display brief per-connection information, omits URLs.
- Display detailed information (size, username and average speed) for each
URL in each connection.
- Display full details (size, username, average speed, delay pool and
elapsed time) for each URL in each connection.
- Display zero values instead of silently omitting them.
- Don't compact the display of multiple occurrences of the same URL in a
- Disable interactive mode, just print statistics once to stdout.
- Set the refresh-interval for interactive mode.
- Don't do hostname lookups.
- Don't strip domain part of hostname.
If built with support for
defaults to running in interactive
mode, occupying the whole screen, unless the
option was specified on the command
Information about the Squid server currently connected to, the version of
used, as well as eventual error
messages are shown at the top of the display.
The bottom of the display keeps various aggregates, including current and
average speed, the total number of hosts connected and the total number of
Any option given on the command line can be changed from within interactive mode
by pressing the key corresponding to its respective short option character.
In addition to the options given on the command line,
recognizes the following keys when in
- Search for literal substrings in hosts, usernames or URLs. Regular
expressions are not parsed, currently.
- Stop refreshing.
- Scroll display.
- Toggle displayed level of detail for the currently selected entry.
- Display the help screen, including current settings for options, where
- Compact long urls to fit them on one line.
- Toggle mode of display for speed detail between current and average,
current only and average only.
- Toggle connection sort order between size, current speed, average speed
and max time.
- Toggle hosts showing mode between host name only, host ip only, both ip
and host name.
List all currently active connections in interacive mode from 192.168.2.0/24 and
172.18.118.10 to a Squid proxy running at mysquid.example.com, port 8080 using
ZePasswd as cachemgr_passwd:
$ sqtop -h mysquid.example.com -port
8080 -p ZePasswd -H 192.168.2.0/24,172.18.118.10
utility exits 0 on success,
and >0 if an error occurs.
The Squid homepage at:
was written by
Oleg Palij <firstname.lastname@example.org>
This man page was originally written by Marco