yuvplay - Display YUV4MPEG2 streams (using SDL)
produces on-screen playback of a YUV4MPEG2 stream which is
provided to stdin, typically through piping from the stdout of
(1) or a similar program.
It should be noted that for pure playback lavplay should be a superior option.
yuvplay is intended primarily as a debugging or diagnostic utility when
setting up video processing pipelines.
accepts the following options:
- -s WxH
- The size of the SDL window. By default, it uses the size of the input
video stream scaled to yield 1:1 pixels (using the sample aspect ratio
encoded in the stream header). However, you can specify any size you want.
WxH is the width x height of the scaled window.
- Set the window title.
- -f num
- Override the framerate specified in the input stream header.
- By default, yuvplay will try to play at the framerate of the input movie.
With this option, yuvplay will just play all the frames as fast as it can.
- -v [0,1,2]
- Set the verbosity of user feedback. Default is "1": errors,
warnings, and info messages.
This man page was originally written by Ronald Bultje (and since edited by Matt
If you have questions, remarks, problems or you just want to contact the
developers, the main mailing list for the MJPEG-tools is:
- For more info, see our website at