display search path for manual pages
utility determines the user's
manual search path from the user's
and local configuration files. This result is echoed to the standard output.
- Output manual locales list instead of the manual path.
- Print extra debugging information.
- Suppresses warning messages.
utility constructs the manual
path from two sources:
- From each component of the user's
for the first of:
- If pathname ends with /bin:
- The configuration files listed in the
FILES section for
The information from these locations is then concatenated together.
flag is set, the
utility will search the
configuration files listed in the
The following environment variables affect the execution of
- If set with the
-L flag, causes the
utility to display a warning and the value, overriding any other
configuration found on the system.
- If set, causes the utility to display a warning and the value, overriding
any other configuration found on the system.
- Influences the manual path as described in the
- System configuration file.
- Local configuration files.