metar - demo METAR utility for FlightGear
| --elevation elevation
] <list of ICAO
airport IDs or METAR strings>
is a demo utility for FlightGear that retrieves a METAR (encoded
weather information) for one or more given airports from the Internet and
displays it in a user-readable form. Optionally, it can also print the
command-line arguments required to start fgfs
(1) at the current time
and with the weather conditions in effect.
- -h, --help
- Display usage information and exit.
- -v, --verbose
- Display debugging information while performing the required
- -e elevation, --elevation elevation
- Set the airport elevation to elevation meters.
- -r, --report
- Print the weather information on the screen in a user-readable form.
- -c, --command-line
- Print the command-line arguments required to start FlightGear at the
current time and with the weather conditions in effect.
exits with 0
on success, with 1
if the syntax of the
command-line arguments is wrong or an error occurs.
- Specifies the HTTP proxy to use. Must be in the form
Print the current weather information for KSFO and KOAK:
$ metar KSFO KOAK
Print the current weather information for KSFO, as well as the command line
arguments required to start FlightGear with the weather conditions in effect:
$ metar -c KSFO -r KSFO
Print the given METAR string as a user-readable weather report:
$ metar "LOWL 161500Z 19004KT 160V240 9999 FEW035 SCT300 29/23 Q1006
FlightGear wiki "Weather reports" page