mincexpand - expands a compressed minc file, if necessary.
[<options>] <infile> [<outfile>]
expands a compressed, packed, gzipped or zipped minc file into
a temporary file using gunzip (or zcat or pcat) and prints out the name of the
new file. If the input file is not compressed, then nothing is done and the
original file name is printed. A second line is printed, indicating whether
the name is that of a new temporary file ("Temporary") or that of
the original file ("Original"). If no output file name is given,
then the program generates its own.
- Expand only enough of the file to be able to read the header.
- Expand the whole file (default).
- Print out only the file name, not the status (Temporary or Original).
- Print summary of command-line options and exit.
- Print the program's version number and exit.
Copyright © 1995 by Peter Neelin