text-based contact management software
Rolo keeps track of your contacts and display them to you with a text-based
menu. Rolo strives to be a well-constructed tool for complimenting text-based
email programs-such as mutt. It utilizes the vCard version 3.0 format for
storing its contacts and it interfaces with the end-user through a NCurses
The options are as follows:
- Open the data file in read-only mode. This essentially disables adding,
editing, and deleting contacts.
- Use the specified file as the data file.
- Display the version.
- Display the copyright and license.
- If ROLO_EDITOR is set, its value is used as the name of the program to
invoke when displaying contact entries in advanced edit. If ROLO_EDITOR is
not set, then EDITOR is used. If EDITOR is also not set, the default value
of vi is used.
- Rolo configuration file.
- Default data file that rolo reads upon startup.
The read-only option does not work. The configuration file is not used.