(begemotSnmpdModulePath."wlan" = /usr/lib/snmp_wlan.so)
module implements a private
BEGEMOT-WIRELESS-MIB, which allows management of virtual wireless interfaces.
The MIB defines objects similar to the state data and configuration
for configuring virtual wireless interfaces. Therefore one should consider
adding write communities or loading the
module on systems where security
A short description of the Tables and interesting objects in the MIB follows.
- The table is used for creation and deletion of virtual wireless
interfaces. To add a new interface, a SET should be executed on the
wlanIfaceName column with value the
desired name of the interface. Next the parent interface must be set via
wlanParentIfName column. Any optional
parameters may be set via the
wlanIfaceLocalAddress columns. To finally
create the interface in the system, a SET with value of active(1) to
wlanIfaceStatus column should be
executed. To destroy a wireless interface a SET with value of destroy(6)
to the relevant wlanIfaceStatus column
should be executed.
- The table contains information about the hardware capabilities of the
parent of a wireless interface.
- The table is used to get or set various configuration parameters for a
virtual wireless interface. Depending on the operating mode of the
interface and the hardware capabilities of the underlying hardware
interface, not all parameters and values may be supported.
- The table contains information about the associated stations for
interfaces operating as access points, or the stations identified as
neighbors in the IBSS for interfaces operating in adhoc mode.
- Information about the active channels for the wireless interfaces in the
- The parameters that govern the roaming operation on the wireless
- The parameters that govern the transmit operation on the wireless
- The table that contains a configuration for channel scanning initiated via
- The table contains the scan results from the last scan for each wireless
interface on the system.
- Summary statistics for each wireless interface on the system.
- WEP configuration for the wireless interfaces on the system.
- Access Control configuration for wireless interfaces operating as access
- The table with Access Control MAC entries for which the configured Access
Control Policy on wireless interfaces operating in Host AP mode is
column is used to add or delete MAC ACL entries. A set with value
createAndGo(4) will add new entry, while with value destroy(6) will delete
an existing one.
- The subtree contains system configuration related to Wireless Mesh
- The table contains information for wireless interfaces operating as
wireless mesh points.
- The table contains information for the neighbors of wireless interfaces
operating in mesh mode.
- The mesh routing table for interfaces operating as mesh points, used for
forwarding packets on a mesh network.
wlanMeshRouteStatus column is used to add
or delete entries in the mesh routing table for an interface. A set with
value createAndGo(4) will add new entry, while with value destroy(6) will
delete an existing one.
- Summary statistics for each virtual wireless interface operating as mesh
- The subtree contains system configuration related to Hybrid Wireless Mesh
- The table contains HWMP information for wireless interfaces operating in
- Summary statistics for HWMP operation on interfaces operating as mesh
Not all information or configuration in the MIBs is currently available in
FreeBSD. The values of the following variables carry no information:
- The description of the MIB tree implemented by
- The private BEGEMOT-WIRELESS-MIB that is implemented by this module.