Manual Reference Pages - UMODEM (4)
- USB modem support
To compile this driver into the kernel,
place the following lines in your
kernel configuration file:
.Cd device usb
.Cd device ucom
.Cd device umodem
Alternatively, to load the driver as a
module at boot time, place the following line in
driver provides support for USB modems in the Communication
Device Class using the Abstract Control Model.
These modems are basically standard serial line modems, but they are
accessed via USB instead.
They support a regular AT command set.
The commands can either be multiplexed with the data stream
or handled through separate pipes.
In the latter case the AT
commands have to be given on a device separate from the data device.
The device is accessed through the
driver which makes it behave like a
Devices supported by the
- 3Com 5605
- Curitel PC5740 Wireless Modem
- Kyocera AH-K3001V Mobile Phone(WILLCOM)
- Kyocera WX320K Mobile Phone(WILLCOM)
- Metricom Ricochet GS USB wireless modem
- Sierra MC5720 Wireless Modem
- Yamaha Broadband Wireless Router RTW65b
- ELSA MicroLink 56k USB modem
- Sony Ericsson W810i phone
- Sonim XP5300 Force
.Nx 1.5 .
This manual page was adopted from
.An Tom Rhodes Aq trhodes@FreeBSD.org
in April 2002.
Only modems with multiplexed commands and data are supported
at the moment.
Visit the GSP FreeBSD Man Page Interface.
Output converted with manServer 1.07.