minidlnad - MiniDLNA DLNA/UPnP-AV Server
is a lightweight but very functional DLNA/UPnP-AV server
allowing easy sharing of your media files including pictures to any capable
device or client on your local wired and wireless network. Common PC software
like totem is a good lightweight and fast choice for Linux/BSD; more fully
featured software for Linux, Windows and MAC is XBMC, also Mediahouse on
Android, and any media sharing capable DVR/TV etc.
options are normally set from the global /etc/minidlna.conf
But there may be times when you need to temporarily alter some of these options,
you can do this by running minidlna with the following command line switches.
- -R Rescan
- This forces minidlna to rescan all of the media_dir directories.
- -f config_file
- Run minidlna with a different configuration file than the global default.
- -p port
- Allows to run minidlna on a different port.
- -w presentation_url
- Change the default presentation url address.
- -d debug
- minidlna will run in the foreground with debug output.
- -P pid_filename
- Specify a location for the PID file.
- -m model
- Force minidlna to report a specific model number.
- -s serial
- Force minidlna to report a specific serial number.
- -t notify_interval
- Change the notify interval, in seconds. Defaults to 895 seconds.
- -h help
- Show basic switch options for running minidlna.
- -V Version
- Shows the program version number and exits.
This man page corresponds to minidlna version 1.1.0
minidlna developed by Justin Maggard https://sourceforge.net/projects/minidlna/
man page written by Noel Butler <email@example.com>