faxinfo - print information about a received facsimile
] [ -n
] [ -D
[ -C delim
| -c delim
fmt ] [ -s
fmt ] [ -e
fmt ] [ -E
fmt ] file.tif
prints descriptive information on the standard output about a
received facsimile file. For example:
Page: North American Letter
Received: 1996:01:19 13:51:02
SignalRate: 14400 bit/s
DataFormat: 2-D MR
This information is typically included in the notification mail generated by the
(8C) script when a facsimile is received by HylaFAX
- suppresses the printing of the filename.
- strips any leading directory of the filename before printing
- prints the actual print strings being used for debug purposes
- -C delim
- Sets the format to a quoted CSV, shortcut to
-S '"%s"' -s ',"' -e '"' -E '\n'
- -c delim
- Sets the format to a CSV, shortcut to:
-S '%s' -s ',' -e '' -E '\n'
- Sets the format to raw values, shortcut to:
-S '' -s '' -e '0 -E ''
- -S fmt
- used to start each fax, it is passed one parameter, the fax file name
- -s fmt
- used to start each field, it is passed one parameter, the field name
- -e fmt
- used to end each field, it is passed one parameter, the field name
- -E fmt
- used to end each fax, it is passed one parameter, the fax file name
The information that faxinfo
prints is obtained from the tags stored in
image that is written by the HylaFAX
is presented with an invalid TIFF
may print uninteresting information. Similarly if a TIFF
that was not written by HylaFAX
is supplied as an argument then only
partial information may be printed—this is because HylaFAX
stores certain information in private tags that other TIFF
writers may not emit.
Use of the raw fmt
options to allow you to directly control the print
format strings used when formating the output. These format strings are passed
directly to printf, with basic \<char> sequences being interpreted,
including \n, \r, and \t, and can be used to make the faxinfo output conform
to specific requirements, like peculiar CVS, tables, HTML, etc.
The order of the options is important. They are parsed from first to last, so
any later options will override settings of previous ones.
on success and 1
if the file passed as
argument is not valid.