i740 - Intel i740 video driver
is an Xorg driver for Intel i740 video cards.
driver supports Intel 740 based cards. A list of cards reported
to work is provided in the README file with the driver source.
Please refer to xorg.conf(5) for general configuration details. This section
only covers configuration details specific to this driver.
The driver auto-detects all device information necessary to initialize the card.
However, if you have problems with auto-detection, you can specify:
- VideoRam - in kilobytes
- DacSpeed - in MHz
- MemBase - physical address of the linear framebuffer
- IOBase - physical address of the memory mapped IO
The following driver options
are supported on all chipsets:
- Option "NoAccel" "boolean"
- Disable or enable 2D acceleration. Default: acceleration is enabled.
- Option "SWCursor" "boolean"
- Request a software cursor (hardware is default). Default: off
- Option "SDRAM" "boolean"
- Force the use of SDRAM timings. Default: off
- Option "SGRAM" "boolean"
- Force the use of SGRAM timings. Default: off
- Option "SlowRam" "boolean"
- Force the use of slower ram timings. Default: off
- Option "Dac6Bit" "boolean"
- Force the use of a 6 Bit Dac (8 Bit is the default). Default: off
- Option "UsePIO" "boolean"
- Force the use of programmed IO (Memory mapped is the default). Default:
Note: the i740 X server should automatically detect whether your card has SGRAM
or SDRAM. Use the "sgram" and "sdram" options if it is
Xorg(1), xorg.conf(5), Xserver(1), X(7)
Authors include: Kevin E Martin and Daryll Strauss of Precision Insight, Inc.
The XFree86 version of this driver was donated to The XFree86 Project by
Precision Insight, Inc., Cedar Park, TX, USA
The Xorg version of this driver originally came from XFree86 4.4rc2.